W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-07-02

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 10:14:37 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <4e517b16-b724-e10b-4ce2-fb0b3617980a@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/07/02-i18n-minutes.html







text extract follows:


- DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

02 Jul 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Jun/0017.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, Atsushi, Fuqiao, Richard, Felix, fsasaki, Bert

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]geolocation APIs
          6. [9]MiniApp URI scheme comments
          7. [10]string-meta, string-search, LTLI work
          8. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-920?

    <trackbot> action-920 -- Richard Ishida to Send simple-ruby for
    wide review -- due 2020-06-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/920

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/920

    richard: check with atsushi to see if we're ready to go?

    xfq: murata-san has some comments on double-sided ruby

    <xfq> [16]https://github.com/w3c/simple-ruby/issues

      [16] https://github.com/w3c/simple-ruby/issues

    atsushi: (inaudible)
    ... think we can go, items are not major

    action-923?

    <trackbot> action-923 -- Richard Ishida to Review editorial
    work on string-meta for 9-july-2020 telecon -- due 2020-07-02
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/923

      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/923

    richard: suggested taking one large section out and making an
    article
    ... okay with your suggestion
    ... otherwise think I did my editorial review

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: update string-meta to include json-ld
    changes, etc.

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-925 - Update string-meta to include
    json-ld changes, etc. [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-07-09].

    action-924?

    <trackbot> action-924 -- Addison Phillips to Prepare updates of
    ltli for review by 9-july-2020 pinging fsasaki first -- due
    2020-07-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/924

      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/924

    <xfq> Draft article:
    [19]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/lang-bidi-use-ca
    ses/index.en

      [19] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/lang-bidi-use-cases/index.en

    <r12a>
    [20]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/lang-bidi-use-ca
    ses/index.en

      [20] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/articles/lang-bidi-use-cases/index.en

Info Share

    richard: there's a new interactive test available
    ... test rig

    <r12a>
    [21]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-tests/exploratory/text_decoratio
    n/int-text-decor.html

      [21] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-tests/exploratory/text_decoration/int-text-decor.html

    richard: there's a text decoration text rig I mentioned last
    week

    <r12a>
    [22]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-tests/exploratory/text_decoratio
    n/int-text-emphasis.html

      [22] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-tests/exploratory/text_decoration/int-text-emphasis.html

    richard: there is a text emphasis one ^^
    ... this supports css text decoration level 4
    ... some things that might not be valid, like skip
    ... there so you can play with it

RADAR Review

    [23]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [23] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    [24]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    <xfq> [25]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/112

      [25] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/112

    <xfq> [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/884

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/884

    <xfq> [27]https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-svc/issues/32

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-svc/issues/32

    <xfq> [28]https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-svc/pull/33/files

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-svc/pull/33/files

    <atsushi_> +1

    <David> +1

    Scalable Video Coding: issue satisfied and moved to completed

geolocation APIs

    <xfq> [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/122

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/issues/122

    [30]https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-api/#position_error_inter
    face

      [30] https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-api/#position_error_interface

    addison: inclined to let this by, but it's a slippery slope.
    error messages are in fact intended for humans.

    <r12a> maybe they meant "an error message indicating the
    details" rather than "an error message describing the details"
    ?

    how is that different?

    Current text: The message attribute MUST return an error
    message describing the details of the error encountered. This
    attribute is primarily intended for debugging and developers
    SHOULD NOT use it directly in their application user interface.

    addison: strike the word "primarily"

    david: optional field?

    richard: indicating rather than describing

    <scribe> ACTION: atsushi: propose text for geolocation issue

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-926 - Propose text for geolocation
    issue [on Atsushi Shimono - due 2020-07-09].

MiniApp URI scheme comments

    [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/934

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/934

    <fsasaki> [32]https://w3c.github.io/miniapp/specs/uri/#syntax

      [32] https://w3c.github.io/miniapp/specs/uri/#syntax

    richard: they should provide some examples in say Chinese

    felix: path and query are affected

    addison: host might be idn; the version is just a string?

    follow up next week

string-meta, string-search, LTLI work

    richard: idea is to take out the large section about use cases
    and requirements and turn into article
    ... the info is quite useful for others
    ... but slows down document reading where it is
    ... that's what I'm doing at the moment

    [33]https://www.w3.org/TR/ltli/

      [33] https://www.w3.org/TR/ltli/

    felix: can we also have small guidance about language tags and
    URIs, to help folks such as RDF

    <xfq> [34]https://github.com/w3c/ltli

      [34] https://github.com/w3c/ltli

    <xfq> [35]https://w3c.github.io/ltli/

      [35] https://w3c.github.io/ltli/

    respec linked as http vs. https

AOB?

    richard: will remove section from string-meta and do
    rearranging

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: update string-meta to include json-ld
    changes, etc.
    [NEW] ACTION: atsushi: propose text for geolocation issue

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 3 July 2020 09:14:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 3 July 2020 09:14:45 UTC