W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2020

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2020-04-16

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 16:07:20 +0100
To: www-international@w3.org
Message-ID: <ca96687f-a4b2-bd4c-b2f3-5e87a89d815f@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2020/04/16-i18n-minutes.html







text version follows:


  - DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

16 Apr 2020

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Apr/0010.html

Attendees

    Present
           addison, atsushi, fuqiao, fsasaki, Bert, richard, JcK

    Regrets

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           addison

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR Review
          5. [8]Issue 871 (Unicode normalization)
          6. [9]Locale scope proposal discussion
          7. [10]Issues Resolution
          8. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items

    [14]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-886?

    <trackbot> action-886 -- Felix Sasaki to Create github issue to
    discuss rdf bcp47 issue in i18n-discuss repo -- due 2020-04-16
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/886

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/886

    close action-886

    <trackbot> Closed action-886.

    felix: should discuss whether to invite people to respond to
    this

    action-887

    <trackbot> action-887 -- Fuqiao Xue to Request a slot to
    discuss generic font family rules in next css virtual f2f --
    due 2020-04-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/887

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/887

    close action-887

    <trackbot> Closed action-887.

Info Share

    fuqiao: font-fingerprinting...

    <xfq> [17]https://github.com/w3cping/font-anti-fingerprinting

      [17] https://github.com/w3cping/font-anti-fingerprinting

    <xfq>
    [18]https://github.com/w3cping/font-fp-protection-browser-hinti
    ng

      [18] https://github.com/w3cping/font-fp-protection-browser-hinting

    fuqiao: there are 3 proposals on preventing by default

    <xfq>
    [19]https://github.com/tabatkins/proposal-local-font-access

      [19] https://github.com/tabatkins/proposal-local-font-access

    fuqiao: links here
    ... encourage people to read after the meeting
    ... provide feedback

    addison: will they discuss before our next telecon?

    fuqiao: not in their agenda for next week yet

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: remind WG to read font fingerprinting
    proposals for next telecon

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-888 - Remind wg to read font
    fingerprinting proposals for next telecon [on Addison Phillips
    - due 2020-04-23].

RADAR Review

    [20]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

      [20] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-request/projects/1

    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2020
    AprJun/0021.html

      [21] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2020AprJun/0021.html

    review of changes to HTML by 22 May

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: add HTML to review radar, respond to
    xiaoqian

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-889 - Add html to review radar,
    respond to xiaoqian [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-04-23].

Issue 871 (Unicode normalization)

    [22]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/871

      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/871

    richard: my recollection was that unicode normalization was
    only part of it
    ... talking about identifiers or general text

    addison: it's a prohibition of any normalizatio, but example is
    for cue IDs

    richard: add a short para "by the way, rules are different for
    ids vs. normal text, please clarify what this pertains to"

    addison: ok
    ... do we want to write some canned specdev text for groups to
    use?
    ... would we republish charmod, add to specdev, or both?

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: propose a draft of "health warning"
    text for specdev

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-890 - Propose a draft of "health
    warning" text for specdev [on Addison Phillips - due
    2020-04-23].

    addison: forward with additional para richard proposed?

    <xfq> +1

    <Bert> +1

    richard: +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: forward comment in issue 871

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-891 - Forward comment in issue 871
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-04-23].

Locale scope proposal discussion

    [23]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/LocaleScopeProposal20
    200408

      [23] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/LocaleScopeProposal20200408

    jck: 2nd para bothers me because of cldr and ecma402

    richard: "encourage support over..."

    <Zakim> Bert, you wanted to ask what the last sentence means
    ("better support for page author control")

    addison: need to clarify that sentence and perhaps add an
    example

    [24]http://www.org/TR/ltli

      [24] http://www.org/TR/ltli

    <fsasaki> +1 to revising the document

    <Bert> +1, with the comments we heard today

    <atsushi> +1

    <JcK> +1, yes

    +1

    <xfq> +1

    <r12a> +1

Issues Resolution

    [25]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020M
    ar/0005.html

      [25] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2020Mar/0005.html

    addison: propose we close all in the "close" list

    atsushi: summary 3 is propose to close also

    [26]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/400

      [26] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/400

    unraised issue

    RESOLUTION: close #400

    [27]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/473

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/473

    [28]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1789

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1789

    atsushi: rejected by css

    richard: don't think I'll win that argument
    ... it's a "needs resolution" issue, so should reply

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: reply to issue 473 (css issue 1789)
    as part of closing

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-892 - Reply to issue 473 (css issue
    1789) as part of closing [on Richard Ishida - due 2020-04-23].

    [29]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/508

      [29] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/508

    [30]https://github.com/w3c/dnt/issues/62

      [30] https://github.com/w3c/dnt/issues/62

    atsushi: think "needs resolution" is our misunderstanding

    <JcK> @richard: For the record, I think you are right --
    decimal values should either be discouraged in these contexts
    or more precisely specified. But I agree that you (and we) are
    going to lose the argument

    <atsushi> [31]https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5234#page-13

      [31] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5234#page-13

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: close dnt issue 62 (our 508) with a
    comment

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-893 - Close dnt issue 62 (our 508)
    with a comment [on Addison Phillips - due 2020-04-23].

    we'll start next time with sumary section 2

AOB?

    atsushi: simple-ruby in jlreq
    ... made update to japanese version
    ... expect to close discussion in 1 week or so

    richard: wanted to mention

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: add HTML to review radar, respond to
    xiaoqian
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: close dnt issue 62 (our 508) with a
    comment
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: forward comment in issue 871
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: propose a draft of "health warning" text
    for specdev
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: remind WG to read font fingerprinting
    proposals for next telecon
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: reply to issue 473 (css issue 1789) as
    part of closing

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [32]close #400

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 16 April 2020 15:07:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 April 2020 15:07:27 UTC