[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-04-11


text version follows:


            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

11 Apr 2019




           atsushi, addison, r12a, Katy, JcK, Bert


           Addison Phillips



      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda and Minutes
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [8]Changes to the meeting format
          6. [9]Issue 521: what to do with it?
          7. [10]I18N issue resolutions
          8. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions

    trackbot, prepare teleconference

    <agendabot> clear agenda

    <scribe> scribenick: addison

Agenda and Minutes

Action Items


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> action-774 -- Richard Ishida to Publish first public
    working draft of string-meta -- due 2019-02-07 -- OPEN


      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/774

    richard: sent transreq


    <trackbot> action-792 -- Addison Phillips to File TPAC 2019 wbs
    request -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN


      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/792

    close action-792

    <trackbot> Closed action-792.


    <trackbot> action-793 -- Addison Phillips to Update issue 251
    to point at string-meta fpwd and suggest considering our work
    -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN


      [17] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/793

    close action-793

    <trackbot> Closed action-793.


    <trackbot> action-794 -- Addison Phillips to Research what
    happened to the discussion of autocapitalize issue 573 and if
    needed raise with whatwg -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN


      [18] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/794

    close action-794

    <trackbot> Closed action-794.

    addison: current whatwg seems okay

    <Katy> [19]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573

    katy: close 573?


    <trackbot> action-795 -- Addison Phillips to Send issue 521 to
    css -- due 2019-04-11 -- OPEN


      [20] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/795


    <trackbot> action-796 -- Addison Phillips to Comment on
    web-share issue 6 pointing to string-meta -- due 2019-04-11 --


      [21] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/796

    close action-796

    <trackbot> Closed action-796.

Info Share

RADAR and Active Work Review


      [22] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1


      [23] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

Changes to the meeting format

    richard: thanks to katy for improving our issue maintenance
    ... pay more attention to new stuff?
    ... have a report each week about what new things we're
    ... if comment, assume we're tracking
    ... some tracking issues with pending
    ... but never discussed
    ... why not run through new items with 1-2 sentences

    <r12a> [css-text] text-transform's design, intent and reality
    resolution #3775

    <r12a> [24]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

      [24] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775

    <r12a> People (esp. wai) arguing whether, if you copy text with
    text-transform applied, should you see the in-memory
    characters, or the visual representation when you paste it. Are
    there other operations that should produce that result?

    <r12a> UAs may have somewhat more liberal handling of the dir
    attribute than the spec does #2769

    <r12a> [25]https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2769

      [25] https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/2769

    <r12a> What to do wrt isolation when a dir attribute has an
    incorrect value.

    <r12a> Consider adding TextEncoder.containsLoneSurrogates()
    static #174

    <r12a> [26]https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues/174

      [26] https://github.com/whatwg/encoding/issues/174

    <r12a> What should the TextEncoder API do wrt single surrogate

    <r12a> [css-scroll-snap-1] Clarify which writing-mode is used
    for scroll-snap-align, scroll container or snap position
    element? #3815

    <r12a> [27]https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3815

      [27] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3815

    <r12a> [can’t say i understand the issue here yet]

    addison: where would they come from?

    richard: atsushi gathers currently
    ... change date of summary to wednesday

    <scribe> ... new tracker issues relating to wgs

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: and requests from lreqs

    atsushi: making summary for team, so could make one for us

    <scribe> ACTION: atsushi: start writing weekly summary of
    new/tracked issues

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-797 - Start writing weekly summary of
    new/tracked issues [on Atsushi Shimono - due 2019-04-18].

    richard: atsushi, check in with me as you go

Issue 521: what to do with it?


      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/521


      [29] https://www.w3.org/TR/css-writing-modes-4/

    richard: also do CSS-writing-modes-3?

    addison: will add

I18N issue resolutions

    verifiable-claims Example uses a timestamp for what should just
    be a (floating) date value

      [30] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/link_to_issue_raised

    <Katy> [31]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/504

      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/504

    <Katy> [32]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/507

      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/507

    addison: should we nudge?

    <Katy> [33]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573

      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/573



    "different language keyboards should provide language specific
    behavior for each of these keywords"

    close this, make new issue

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: make new autocapitalization issue
    against html based on today's discussion

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-798 - Make new autocapitalization
    issue against html based on today's discussion [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2019-04-18].

    <Katy> [35]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/57

      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/57



Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: make new autocapitalization issue
    against html based on today's discussion
    [NEW] ACTION: atsushi: start writing weekly summary of
    new/tracked issues

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Thursday, 11 April 2019 16:01:02 UTC