[webvtt] Issue: Expose the fallback language in the API marked as i18n

From: r12a via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:11:46 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
r12a has just labeled an issue for https://github.com/w3c/webvtt as
"i18n":

== Expose the fallback language in the API ==
In #257 I made it possible for the "List of WebVTT Node Objects"
object to have an "applicable language", but this can't be exposed in
`getCueAsHTML()` since that object maps to a `DocumentFragment`, which
 can't have a `lang` attribute.

One way to make this work is to change from `DocumentFragment` to an
HTML `div` or `span` element, and set `lang` on it if is has an
"applicable language".

Existing scripts that just insert whatever comes out of
`getCueAsHTML()` to the document should continue to work, it would
just get an extra element. I suppose `span` is a bit more versatile
than `div` because it is allowed in more places (e.g. in a `p`
element). OTOH, just dumping all cues and have them be separated from
each other by default could be nice.

An alternative could be to have the fallback language be a property of
 `TextTrack`, and have JS be responsible for setting a `lang`
attribute on a container element in which it inserts cues with
`getCueAsHTML()`.

See https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/258