Re: Expected behaviour of quotation marks

Thanks, Tsviya!

i'm assuming that the whole second para, about windmills, is an example?

afaict, the description doesn't address secondary quote marks (ie. those
that are inside primary quote marks).  I interpret "except that
quotation marks replace guillemets (or their equivalents)" to refer to
the primary quote marks(?), which i think is non-controversial.

cheers,
ri