Re: [presentation-api] Possibility for a character to be interpreted differently depending on locale

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 04:16:54 -0500
To: Martin Dürst via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Martin Dürst via GitHub scripsit:

> but I could well imagine that a Japanese native person might want to
> see even Chinese content displayed using a Japanese font,

That is so.  A Japanese dictionary, for example, will display quotations
from Chinese sources using Japanese variants of characters.

> and vice versa,

Chinese are much less sensitive to the exact shapes of characters, and
are typically okay with Japanese variants.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
Normally I can handle panic attacks on my own; but panic is, at the moment,