Re: Tests for Encoding spec

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Jungshik SHIN (신정식) <jshin1987+w3@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Jungshik SHIN (신정식) <
> jshin1987+w3@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
>> wrote:

>>> form
>>> themselves
>>> to work
>>> character
>>> of
>>>
>>> If you use application/x-www-form-urlencoded (the default) there will
>>> be no Unicode involved. Just percent-encoded bytes. So if you have
>>> something on the server that doesn't decode for you, you should be
>>> able to get at the raw bytes the browser used to encode.
>>>

>> Richard, you can look at what Blink/Webkit's layout tests handle this
>> issue:
>>

>> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/third_party/WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/char-encoding.html
>>
>> The test only checks only a handful of code points, but I guess it can be
>> expanded to cover all the code points. Anyway, it can be a starting point.

>>> converting to
>>> that
>>>
>>> Yeah, both should definitely work in the end. Everything needs to
>>> become predictable for developers.
>>>

>> I agree. After sending my last email, I took a look at Richard's test and
>> found that out. I'll find out where href got wrong in Chrome and try to
>> fix.
>>

> In Chrome's DOM Inspector JS  console, everything is fine (no NFC
> applied).
>
> > var a=document.createElement("a")
> undefined
> <a>​</a>​
> > a.href="https://example.com/?x" + "樂樂" + "x"
> "https://example.com/?x樂樂x"
> > a.search.substr(1)
> "x%E6%A8%82%EF%A4%94x"
>
> It's also fine when the document encoding is UTF-8 (two characters above
> do not lose their 'identity' folded into one).
>
> However, in EUC-KR, the distinction between them is lost apparently
> because they're subject to NFC.
>
> I've just filed a Chrome bug :
> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=545383

This bug was fixed. With Chrome's canary build ('nightly' build), EUC-KR
encoding is 100%. SJIS and EUC-JP encoding failed only one code point
(which will be fixed when I update the Chrome's mapping table per the
latest spec).
Big5 encoding failed only 4 code points (ditto with SJIS/EUC-JP).

Jungshik