Re: i18n-ISSUE-492: Honor the HTTP Accept-Language header for selecting the consent language

> On Oct 9, 2015, at 5:36 , Steven Atkin <atkin@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> We certainly understand the desire to stay out of user interface issues. With that being said we do want to make sure that the spec does not do anything that prevents user agents from being able to obtain consents in other languages.

The spec requires the site to obtain consent, and there is no implied language (however, ‘informed consent’ presumably has strong implications).  Similarly the user-agent’s communications are nowhere restricted by the spec., as far as I know.

The only problematic strings I can see in the spec. are the explanationString and siteName, which we already note might be written to be misleading, and the operation of the TPE in no way depends on their content — they can safely be ignored, if needed.

So, having written the spec. to stay away from the user interface, and to express what is required, I’m still puzzled as to why you think any change is needed or what that change may be.