W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2015

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2015-09-17

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:26:40 +0100
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5602D2C0.4090407@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-minutes.html






text version:



            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

17 Sep 2015

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Sep/0010.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Steve, JcK, David, Richard

    Regrets
           Felix

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR and Active Work Review
          5. [9]sorting our backlog of review comments
          6. [10]AOB?
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    action-417?

    <trackbot> action-417 -- Addison Phillips to Talk to
    anne/joshua about how to solicit tests for encoding -- due
    2015-03-26 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/417

      [12] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/417

    addison: should I circle back on this again?

    richard: should check status first?
    ... at least cursory review first

Info Share

    richard: hotel rooms going quickly for tpac
    ... reserve yours today

RADAR and Active Work Review

    [13]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [13] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    Steve: looked at vehicle data
    ... richard noted email looked odd

    <r12a>
    [14]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2015
    JulSep/0102.html

      [14] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2015JulSep/0102.html

    [15]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

      [15] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar

sorting our backlog of review comments

    [16]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015S
    ep/0009.html

      [16] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Sep/0009.html

    richard: looking through the stuff we have

    <r12a> [17]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/openissues/

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/openissues/

    richard: sorts by product and pulls most recent issues to top
    ... also one for closed issues
    ... started to look through them
    ... quite a few that we've never sent on
    ... should do something about those
    ... a lot are closed now
    ... such as csv stuff
    ... go through these and have a plan?

    <scribe> ACTION: steve: review tabular data issues for
    remaining open items and report if can be closed [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'steve'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[19]http://www.w3.org/International/track/users>.

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/track/users

    <r12a> Steve, tabular-data-rdf 475, 474, 473 and
    tabular-data-json 466-468

    richard to do tabular-data-model

    <r12a> ACTION: Richard to propose closure of tabular-data-model
    issues 462 - 479 [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-463 - Propose closure of
    tabular-data-model issues 462 - 479 [on Richard Ishida - due
    2015-09-24].

    <r12a> [21]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/480

      [21] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/480

    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/480

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/480

    <r12a> circle back on the above next week, hopefully with
    Leandro

    issue-476?

    <trackbot> issue-476 -- International payment, taxation,
    delivery and trade restriction practices ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/476

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/476

    issue-472?

    <trackbot> issue-472 -- geographic variation of terms or
    availability ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/472

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/472

    <r12a> forward issue 472

    issue-471?

    <trackbot> issue-471 -- identify time zone dependent vs.
    independent cases ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/471

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/471

    any objections?

    <r12a> forward issue 471

    issue-459

    <trackbot> issue-459 -- 2.1.7 privacy issues ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/459

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/459

    issue-458?

    <trackbot> issue-458 -- 2.1.3 general observation about
    language identification ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/458

      [27] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/458

    Tags and annotations generally use natural language tokens
    (such as words). While Unicode allows text to be stored,
    passed, and processed without regard for the specific language,
    it is the case that strings can benefit from language metadata
    for character shaping, spell-checking, font selection and more.
    In additional, directionality information is usually desired.

    issue-457?

    <trackbot> issue-457 -- 2.1.1 Comment on title or on
    publication? ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/457

      [28] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/457

    The title of this use case suggests that the comment is on the
    title string. But the body of the use case is about commentary
    associated with the publication itself. In addition, it is
    worth noting that even electronic editions of a publication can
    have multiple versions. [this last is later discussed to some
    degree in 2.3.2]

    issue-456?

    <trackbot> issue-456 -- 2.1.1 provide a terminology section?
    [non-I18N] ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/456

      [29] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/456

    any objection to forwarding?

    (nos all round)

    addison to forward all dpub annotation issues

    <r12a>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/openissues/#dpub-an
    notation-uc

      [30] 
http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/openissues/#dpub-annotation-uc

    issue-433?

    <trackbot> issue-433 -- (editorial nit) spec title ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/433

      [31] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/433

    will deal with it as a personal issue, non-i18n

    issue-406?

    <trackbot> issue-406 -- Single grapheme rather than letter ⓟ --
    open

    <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/406

      [32] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/406

    richard: will look into what happened since then
    ... will send email about what I find asking if objections to
    forwarding comment if a comment is necessary

    issue-404?

    <trackbot> issue-404 -- Lang matching undefined ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/404

      [33] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/404

    addison to forward

    issue-403?

    <trackbot> issue-403 -- Reference to language tag should be to
    BCP47 ⓟ -- open

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/403

      [34] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/403

    close 370

    <r12a>
    [35]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/encoding/encoding-doc

      [35] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/encoding/encoding-doc

    richard: have shepherds go through this
    ... planning to close these
    ... raise ones that should forward
    ... add a THREAD: link at top
    ... add to instructions

    <r12a> eg. [36]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/356

      [36] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/356

    <r12a> [37]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/279

      [37] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/279

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Richard to propose closure of tabular-data-model
    issues 462 - 479 [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [DONE] ACTION: steve: review tabular data issues for remaining
    open items and report if can be [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2015/09/17-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 23 September 2015 16:26:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:40 UTC