Re: [charmod-norm] Provide descriptions of Unicode case folding

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 01:02:34PM +0000, aphillips via GitHub wrote:
> namespaces permit Unicode identifiers. Spec authors need to be aware
> that, Unicode being what it is, case insensitivity is not a trivial
> operation.

For whatever it's worth, that very difficulty is what led to IDNA2008
treating upper case as DISALLOWED.  It caused too many problems, and
there are locale-based differences for some characters (consider the
case of i and I, and then consider it in Turkic).

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com