Re: [css-text][css-conditional] language specific support for hyphenation and justification

On 6/17/2015 8:09 AM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>> It would be nice to ensure that examples and specifications do not add to this bias.
> I don't think the spec as it is shows this bias, but if you think it does, can you point to where, so that we can address it?
>
>   - Florian

As others have pointed out, the lack of hyphenation facilities in
important UAs is a larger issue than allowing authors to fine-tune their
choice of justification based on hyphenation support.

While you may have a choice in whether to justify or leave ragged a
particular text box without affecting your overall design, it's pretty
inconvenient having to forego narrow columns just because some languages
can't be made to fit without hyphenation.

And it's much more challenging to work around that limitation on the fly.

A./