Re: Informative Collection of Justification Resources

On 07/05/2015 02:30, fantasai wrote:
> Hello i18nwg,
> The CSSWG would like to provide some guidance on correct justification,
> however we do not have the ability to include all of this in our specs:
> it wouldn't make sense to include normatively, and should be in an
> independent appendix that can be updated easily and frequently as more
> information is provided to W3C.
>
> We propose that the i18nwg maintain pointers to this information for
> whatever languages it happens to have information for, either as a W3C
> NOTE or as a wiki page. An initial set of links would go to the relevant
> chapters in JLREQ, LatinReq, etc, the Unicode chapter on Tibetan, and
> whatever else people think is useful for providing guidance on text
> justification.
>
> Please let us know what you think, and where such a document should be
> hosted. I can volunteer to write up an initial draft--just need to know
> what format to write it up in. :)

we already embarked upon something similar.

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Improving_typography_on_the_Web_and_in_eBooks#Alignment_and_justification
points to information currently available in jlreq, klreq, and llreq,
and soon clreq.

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Layout_links
points to other useful information in non-W3C sources.

during today's i18n telecon, let's talk about what else could be done.
For example, should we write up information available from the non-W3C
sources above in Note form?  Fantasai, are you able to attend the call?

btw, by pure coincidence, it seems, i was contacted by someone today who
was wondering whether we can do something with his (useful) information
about Ethiopic justification (see the link i added to the second wiki
page above).

ri