Re: [css-text] Arabic letters connecting between elements with display: inline

From: Lina Kemmel <LKEMMEL@il.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:45:18 +0200
To: "Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin" <aharon@google.com>
Cc: "Amir E. Aharoni" <amir.aharoni@mail.huji.ac.il>, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com>, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, jfkthame@gmail.com, "public-i18n-bidi@w3.org" <public-i18n-bidi@w3.org>, Simon Montagu <smontagu@mozilla.com>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Probably for the same reason someone would put a margin within an Arabic
word :).

I don't think there should be any difference between 'margin: 0' and say
'margin: 10px'
in terms of *logical* isolation. The difference is only visual.

"Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin" <aharon@google.com>
23/02/2014 15:16

Lina Kemmel/Israel/IBM@IBMIL
cc
"Amir E. Aharoni" <amir.aharoni@mail.huji.ac.il>, Behdad Esfahbod
<behdad@behdad.org>, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com>, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, jfkthame@gmail.com,
"public-i18n-bidi@w3.org" <public-i18n-bidi@w3.org>, Simon Montagu
<smontagu@mozilla.com>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>,
"www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject
Re: [css-text] Arabic letters connecting between elements with  display:
inline

No idea. Why would someone do that?

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Lina Kemmel <LKEMMEL@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> Not sure what you mean. To state the obvious, as opposed to Arabic
> where the same Unicode character is used in any position in the word,
> and the desired form is chosen by the renderer automatically, in Hebrew
> different Unicode characters are used for the final and non-final forms
> (for those few characters that have final forms).

I thought about spell-checking and auto-complete, but sorry - it's
relevant not only for final letters and not only for Hebrew.

Should it indicate misspelling?