W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > January to March 2014

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2014-02-06

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:27:50 +0000
Message-ID: <52F4B526.4000706@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html


Text version follows:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

06 Feb 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Feb/0005.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Richard, Addison, Felix, Mati, JcK

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]Publish: WYNTKA Bidi and Inline Markup ?
          6. [10]advice on date/time definitions
          7. [11]css syntax @charset
          8. [12]Charmod Editing
          9. [13]AOB?
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close ACTION-279

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-279.

Info Share

    richard: working on counter styles
    ... and tests for that
    ... implementing Mati's extended Hebrew submission
    ... getting close to submitting since counter-styles at css
    going to PR
    ... uploading a bunch of CSS tests to their suite

RADAR

    [16]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [16] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: ask for a LC due date on DOM4
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-282 - Ask for a lc due date on dom4
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2014-02-13].

Publish: WYNTKA Bidi and Inline Markup ?

    <r12a>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/articles/inline-bidi-markup
    /update

      [18] 
http://www.w3.org/International/articles/inline-bidi-markup/update

    richard: been out for review
    ... had some comments
    ... addressed them
    ... want to publish this, replacing the existing one

    <scribe> chair: all in favor?

    <matial> no pb

    richard: would like to change the title

    "Inline Markup and Bidi: What you need to know"

    <r12a>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/articlelist#direction

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/articlelist#direction

    "Text Direction and Bidi"

    matial: Text Direction -> Bidi ?

    <matial> +1

    <r12a> +1

    <fsasaki> +1

    +1

    <JcK> yes, publish

    <scribe> chair: resolved to publish

    <r12a> (note that +1s are for proposal to publish)

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: publish WYNTK about bidi update,
    retitling as appropriate [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-283 - Publish wyntk about bidi
    update, retitling as appropriate [on Richard Ishida - due
    2014-02-13].

    <fsasaki>
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014
    Feb/0006.html

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Feb/0006.html

advice on date/time definitions

    felix: how would date-time values be referenced
    ... don't want normative reference to a Note

    addison: rfc3339 ?

    felix: xliff 2.0 also needs a reference

    <fsasaki> addison: reference XML schema date / time type as an
    option

    <fsasaki> .. in the thread it is not strictly a time stamp

    <fsasaki> .. if it is a complete value (date, time, timezone
    offset) that is a time stamp

    <fsasaki> .. if you want to allow other things that is more
    complicated, see e.g. floating number discussion

    felix: mainly a timestamp, I think
    ... but could include things like "should be localized by
    such-and-such"
    ... not sure if that's a timestamp

    <fsasaki> addision: could be treated as a time stamp

    <fsasaki> .. not necessarily floating

    <fsasaki> .. the mail says things like "just having a year
    etc." - not sure about the purpose

    <fsasaki> .. question is whether you have a specific set of
    date values that you want to permit, or just want to allow
    definition of some fields with date related information

    <fsasaki> [discussion on XML schema data types and whether a
    reference to that would help]

    <fsasaki> addision: xml schema defines all of the lexical
    spaces

    <fsasaki> .. the RFC has a list of productions that you can
    point to normatively

    <fsasaki> .. that does not contain all the complicated stuff
    you don't care about

    <fsasaki> .. it is an RFC, that has been around for a long time

    <scribe> ACTION: felix: write back to XLIFF and ITS-IG with
    summary of our discussion [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-284 - Write back to xliff and its-ig
    with summary of our discussion [on Felix Sasaki - due
    2014-02-13].

css syntax @charset

    richard: we can close all of the comments?

    <r12a> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/54

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/54

    addison: there transition document (see email) noted that we
    hadn't accept (or not) their rejection of our comments
    ... satisfied on 306/307

    richard: me too

    addison: other one is 329

    richard: they argued clearly why they don't want to change
    ... worth raising the issue
    ... key thing is that it's not really a rule
    ... wrote a set of tests for syntax
    ... and submitted those too
    ... never could do @charset with extra spaces

    <scribe> chair: should we accept this?

    JcK: would prefer if we fixed it, but not sure worth objecting

    <fsasaki> +1

    <r12a> accept

    <matial> no opinion

    <scribe> chair: no formal objection

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: respond to ISSUE-329 indicating we
    are satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-285 - Respond to issue-329 indicating
    we are satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2014-02-13].

Charmod Editing

    [25]http://www.doodle.com/diuzsimytq649rvp

      [25] http://www.doodle.com/diuzsimytq649rvp

    needs to be refreshed, since it doesn't show times

AOB?

    richard: recruiting?

    <fsasaki> [26]http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/

      [26] http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/

    felix: the group is mainly focusing on creating the best
    practices
    ... could contact them about reviews and whether they would
    like to join us

    richard: good to encourage folks to participate, particularly
    member orgs

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: ask for a LC due date on DOM4 [recorded
    in [27]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: respond to ISSUE-329 indicating we are
    satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection
    [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: felix: write back to XLIFF and ITS-IG with
    summary of our discussion [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: publish WYNTK about bidi update,
    retitling as appropriate [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 7 February 2014 10:28:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:36 UTC