Re: Encoding: Referring people to a list of labels

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:01:03 -0500
To: Andrew Cunningham <lang.support@gmail.com>
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>, www-international@w3.org
Andrew Cunningham scripsit:

> PUA is a possibility,  although it will have impacts. The PUA in the
> BMP is heavily used by Microsoft and Apple for legacy data.

As I said before, F000-F0FF is reserved by Microsoft (and also by CSUR)
for font-kludge encodings such as dingbat fonts:  if you put a dingbat
into a Word document, for example, the internal representation is as a
character in this range marked up with the respective font.

--
There are three kinds of people in the world:   John Cowan
those who can count,                            cowan@ccil.org