I18N-ISSUE-335: health warnings for when language not known [.prep-CSS3-text]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:49:16 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-335: health warnings for when language not known [.prep-CSS3-text]

Raised by: John Klensin
On product: .prep-CSS3-text

A number of requirements or suggestions in the document require knowing the language in which the document is intended to be interpreted or of the span of text affected by the styling. Since it is possible to have a document or span of text for which the language is unknown, the document should have a health warning that language-sensitive actions are not possible and should probably not be guessed at.  There is a hint of this in the statements in Section 2.1 Example 2, but it isn't clear whether or not it generalizes beyond that example (it should) and it doesn't exactly leap out at the reader.