Re: [Encoding] false statement

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:10:39 +0200
To: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark@macchiato.com>
Cc: Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Mark Davis ☕️ <mark@macchiato.com> wrote:
> I think the most that one could say is something like the following, where
> I'm not quite sure what the scope of XXX is: web documents? HTML and XML?
> All IT protocols? All future IT protocols? ...

All current formats/protocols. All future formats/protocols must use
utf-8, as stated in the document.

Would this work:

# Historically many encodings had their names and labels (and sometimes
# references to specifications) defined in the IANA Character Sets registry.
# This specification supplants that registry.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/