RE: comments on Character Model for the World Wide Web: String Matching and Searching

From: Lina Kemmel <LKEMMEL@il.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:13:27 +0300
To: <www-international@w3.org>
Some minor comments on http://www.w3.org/International/docs/charmod-norm/
:

1.4. "delcaration" should be changed to "declaration".

2. "... do not supply Unicode normalization of the content being exchanged
~or~ in their string matching algorithms ..." - 'or' likely should be
removed.

2.1. "Each encoding scheme use*d* different byte values " -> probably
"Each encoding scheme use*s* different byte values ".

"... each one is encoded ~slightly~ differently ..." . The word "slightly"
doesn't seem to be needed: the differences (at least the notations) are
not really slight in my opinion, also, what seems to be significant in the
given context, is the very fact of existence of the differences.

2.2.1. "better match ~to~ user expectations " - > probably "better match
user expectations "

2.3. "The process of making two texts*,* which differ in case but are
otherwise "the same"*,* identical is called "casefolding". " - I think
it's not clear right away that "identical" is coupled with "making"
forming the phrase "making identical".
Commas would help it be more clear.

Best regards,
Lina Kemmel