W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2014

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2014-06-12

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:13:29 +0100
Message-ID: <5399C399.1040200@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-i18n-minutes.html



Text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

12 Jun 2014

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jun/0009.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, Leandro, Mati, John_K, Felix

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]dir isolation tests
          6. [10]Encoding Last Call
          7. [11]CharMod
          8. [12]dcat
          9. [13]AOB?
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close action-251

    <trackbot> Closed action-251.

    action-252?

    <trackbot> action-252 -- Felix Sasaki to Ping dita folks about
    contacting html5 about ruby progress -- due 2013-09-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/252

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/252

    action-312?

    <trackbot> action-312 -- Richard Ishida to Talk to dom about
    adding status tracking stuff to tracker for encoding last call
    purposes -- due 2014-06-12 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/312

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/312

    richard: talk to sysreq instead
    ... probably won't happen soon
    ... just make do?

    close action-312

    <trackbot> Closed action-312.

Info Share

    felix: add item to agenda at the end

RADAR

    [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    [19]https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar#Schedule
    d_Last_Call_reviews

      [19] 
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar#Scheduled_Last_Call_reviews

    JcK: discussion on W3C/IETF call
    ... on getting URN unstuck
    ... still stuck
    ... librarians want URN features that can't be currently
    supported
    ... have long term view
    ... similarly WHATWG/W3C changes to URL
    ... is inconsistent with generic URI syntax
    ... concern is whether we end up with a bunch of forked
    standards
    ... or define relationship of these two specs to generic URI
    ... go ahead and separate URN
    ... and move URL to W3C (??)
    ... and do something to URI 3986

dir isolation tests

    [20]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    un/0008.html

      [20] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jun/0008.html

    <r12a>
    [21]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014J
    un/0006.html

      [21] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2014Jun/0006.html

    [22]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/html5/the-
    dir-attribute/results-dir-isolation

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/html5/the-dir-attribute/results-dir-isolation

    richard: put together tests
    ... to see if elements are isolating
    ... and element is treated as a neutral
    ... basically all items are red
    ... there are like 12 tests per box
    ... and only one or two per fail
    ... dir isolation is not default on any browser yet
    ... not a surprise
    ... second table with shim
    ... we get better results
    ... FF has 2 fails
    ... Safari has one
    ... only small issues
    ... IE doesn't use CSS necessary for shim
    ... want you to look at tests
    ... are they valid?
    ... give feedback?
    ... I think they are pretty valid
    ... like to hear any comments

    matial: had a look at the tests
    ... are those tests inspired from aharon's tests?
    ... those were from work group in Jerusalem
    ... look similar
    ... may not be same?
    ... reviewed then and were appropriate

    richard: took the bdi tests
    ... worked from them
    ... made some changes
    ... most of aharon tests had six subtests
    ... also put in tests for dir=auto
    ... and dir=ltr and rtl
    ... made one or two other changes

    matial: looking at what was tested
    ... source code hard to decipher
    ... couldn't find words i the tests
    ... what was tested wasn't obvious in the test
    ... useful to add to page pseudo code to page
    ... so it's apparent what is tested
    ... would be interesting to read to know

    <r12a>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/run?manife
    st=html5/the-dir-attribute&test=dir-isolation-shim-001

      [23] 
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/run?manifest=html5/the-dir-attribute&test=dir-isolation-shim-001

    richard: when you go to a link like above
    ... that's to the framework
    ... actual test is in an iframe
    ... gray rectangle is limit of iframe
    ... you have to right click in the frame
    ... and view that source

    matial: on page with list of tests
    ... last line is list of browsers

    richard: "score" is your current browser
    ... when you click on score
    ... buttons for scoring
    ... and it'll move through tests
    ... after you go through several times
    ... "show results" will generate the code to mail to richard
    ... to merge with existing info in the tables

    matial: mail you remarks
    ... ?

    richard: if you want to run on particular platform
    ... the show result box would show you what you've entered
    ... that's for *running* the tests
    ... but not for reviewing them
    ... please send me email to review them

Encoding Last Call

    [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2014A
    prJun/0203.html

      [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2014AprJun/0203.html

    addison: need to publish files
    ... want to keep links for now to whatwg
    ... need to do when we move to CR
    ... keep from forking until we actually publish CR

    <r12a> [25]http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/7

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/7

    issue-335?

    <trackbot> issue-335 -- health warnings for when language not
    known -- open

    <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/335

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/335

    issue-355?

    <trackbot> issue-355 -- Supporting files referenced rather than
    copied -- open

    <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/355

      [27] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/355

    reviewed this item

    richard: been talking to martin about his tests
    ... he's not using the exact template for TTWF
    ... just be aware

    addison: coverage map?

    richard: hope to open it up shortly
    ... similar problem to dir tests
    ... you get a pass/fail for each byte

CharMod

    addison: preparing document for publication

dcat

    <fsasaki>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language

      [28] http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language

    felix: already a recommendation

    addison: should at least point to IANA registry, since that is
    stable
    ... but better to have BCP47

    <scribe> ACTION: felix: contact DCAT folks about
    catalog_language [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-313 - Contact dcat folks about
    catalog_language [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-06-19].

AOB?

    richard: started working on ruby tests
    ... look out for them soon

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: felix: contact DCAT folks about catalog_language
    [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 12 June 2014 15:13:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:05 UTC