I18N-ISSUE-353: Section 2.1 case sensitivity and normalization [.prep-CSS-Variables-1]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:19:38 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-353: Section 2.1 case sensitivity and normalization [.prep-CSS-Variables-1]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: .prep-CSS-Variables-1

Section 2.1

<quote>
The values of custom properties, and the values of var() functions substituted into custom properties, are case-sensitive, and must be preserved in their original author-given casing. (Many CSS values are case-insensitive, which user agents can take advantage of by "canonicalizing" them into a single casing, but that isn’t allowed for custom properties.)
</quote>

As with I18N-ISSUE-352 the relationship of string identity matching for other textual variations should be mentioned.