I18N-ISSUE-352: normalization of custom property names [.prep-CSS-Variables-1]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:14:51 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-352: normalization of custom property names [.prep-CSS-Variables-1]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: .prep-CSS-Variables-1

Section 2 says in part:

<quote>
Unlike other CSS properties, custom property names are case-sensitive.

EXAMPLE. While both --foo and --FOO are valid, they are distinct properties - using var(--foo) will refer to the first one, while using var(--FOO) will refer to the second.
</quote>

Case sensitivity is not the only variation that can apply to text. While citing the case sensitivity is useful, should mention be made of other variations, such as Unicode Normalization? I believe that the actual restriction is that the text must be identical.