I18N-ISSUE-302: Unclear reference to "value space" of language tags [.prep-RDF1.1]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 19:45:08 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-302: Unclear reference to "value space" of language tags [.prep-RDF1.1]

Raised by: Addison Phillips
On product: .prep-RDF1.1

URI: http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-rdf11-concepts-20130723/#section-Graph-Literal

In Section 3.3 of this document, there is a discussion of language tags, with a bullet point that reads:

--
a non-empty language tag as defined by [BCP47]. The language tag MUST be well-formed according to section 2.2.9 of [BCP47]. Lexical representations of language tags MAY be converted to lower case. The value space of language tags is always in lower case.
--

It's not clear what "The value space of language tags is always lower case" means in this context. Does it means that RDF expects a mapping to lower case? It is not the case that language tags themselves have a lower case requirement or expectation.