Pending publication: updated "Authoring HTML: Handling right-to-left scripts" [I18N-ACTION-267]

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 16:40:21 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
All,

The Internationalization Working Group has recently completed an update to our "best practices" document "Authoring HTML: Handling right-to-left scripts". We intend to publish this document with a status of Working Group Note within the next two weeks. This email serves as a last call for comments on the updated document.

The editor's copy of the proposed publication can be found here: http://www.w3.org/International/docs/bp-html-bidi/

The changes in this version include:

 -   All detailed content from sections 4 to 9 has been removed, to leave only the summary do's and don'ts text.
 -   The section "Authoring with localization in mind" has been removed altogether.
 -   All do's and don'ts have been revised to incorporate recent changes, esp. related to HTML5.
 -   Some editorial changes were made to sections 1 to 3. The section "How to use this document" has been changed to reflect the new composition of the document.
 -   The document was recreated as an HTML5 page, and is now authored using respec, and the styles have been changed.

Please send comments to this list *before* next Thursday (10 October 2013).

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Amazon)
Chair (W3C I18N WG)

Internationalization is not a feature.