Re: New article: Indicating the language of a link destination

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:
> The article discusses some of the pros and cons for signalling the language
> of a page which a link points to, if that page is not in the same language
> as the current content. It also looks at how people have done this in the
> past using the hreflang attribute.

I wonder why we still have this attribute. It seems if the only
practical benefit is as a CSS styling hook it might be better to place
it in content as that would be more accessible too. And by having it
in the language it will waste people's time wondering what to do with
it. Any reason hreflang="" is still in HTML, Ian?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/