W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2013

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-05-30

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:25:25 +0100
Message-ID: <51A78B85.6080800@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html



Text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

30 May 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013May/0035.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Felix, Richard, Addison, JohnK, Aharon, David

    Regrets
           Mati, Felix_(partial)

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]HTML Bidi
          6. [10]Ruby Use Case Document
          7. [11]Charmod-Norm
          8. [12]Line Wrapping Rules in Traditional Chinese
          9. [13]AOB?
         10. [14]ITS 2.0
      * [15]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Action Items

    <r12a> [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close action-196

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-196 Request feedback on ruby use cases
    with an eye towards publishing updated version in two weeks.

    ACTION-228: waiting on richard for response (richard has a
    response that Aharon hasn't seen yet)

    <trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-228 File bug on 5.1 and review
    text, pinging robin about how best to file.

Info Share

    richard: next tuesday is the ebooks conference in Tokyo
    ... norbert will be there
    ... will let you all know about report

RADAR

HTML Bidi

    richard: aharon sent me changes and I think they look fine
    ... spoke to robin this afternoon
    ... when we want to raise bug on html
    ... there is a pull down for "product" or "component"
    ... HTML5-spec, etc.
    ... just raise against HTML5-spec component
    ... they clone as needed
    ... also asked if whatwg should get bugs too
    ... in some cases HTML also clones bugs
    ... but raise under HTML5 spec and then clone to whatwg list
    ... asked robin: raise first or ask for opinion first?
    ... doesn't care, but maybe just ping robin first

    aharon: sunday or monday
    ... say I were to file now (hypothetical)
    ... should I be brief and just point to wiki page

    richard: think that's good

    addison: agree: we have all our text in one place

    richard: don't want to make a "big meal" in the bug

    aharon: say we want 5.1 or 5.0 or what?

    richard: think ambiguous. hope we change 5.0

    aharon: want to ensure 5.1
    ... on fast track
    ... 5.0 needs two impls

    richard: if we can get two impls, it'll get into 5.0

    aharon: will send to robin cc:richard

    richard: just to member list?

    addison: member-i18n-core@

    All: thanks to Aharon!!

Ruby Use Case Document

    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/

    <r12a> [18]http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/#app-c

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/docs/ruby/#app-c

    richard: didn't bring in the other document, just ref in
    appendix a
    ... question: what next?
    ... another review round or ?

    addison: last call

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send last call about ruby use cases
    to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time
    [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-230 - Send last call about ruby use
    cases to winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks
    time [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-06-06].

    richard: asked robin about extension spec status, but no
    response yet

Charmod-Norm

Line Wrapping Rules in Traditional Chinese

    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013A
    prJun/0069.html

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2013AprJun/0069.html

    JcK: asked a few folks, but haven't heard back yet

    <scribe> ACTION: richard: talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout
    req idea and report back [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-231 - Talk to bobby tung about
    TC-Layout req idea and report back [on Richard Ishida - due
    2013-06-06].

AOB?

    probable regrets next week: richard, JcK

ITS 2.0

    felix: want to bring up
    ... status section says focused on normative section for last
    call
    ... this group provided comments on non-normative section and
    keeping it
    ... will send a pointer out, as we are doing sone restructring
    ... shouldn't change your comments
    ... but the text will move around (first two sections will be
    different)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send last call about ruby use cases to
    winter@ with target to publish as Note in two weeks time
    [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: richard: talk to bobby tung about TC-Layout req
    idea and report back [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
Richard Ishida, W3C
http://rishida.net/
Received on Thursday, 30 May 2013 17:25:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:02 UTC