W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > April to June 2013

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-05-23

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:50:41 +0100
Message-ID: <519E6501.7030504@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-i18n-minutes.html




Text version follows:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

23 May 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013May/0031.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           aphillip, fsasaki, Richard, JcK, matial, DavidC, Aharon

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]RADAR
          5. [9]KLReq
          6. [10]Charmod-Norm
          7. [11]Bidi
          8. [12]AOB?
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

Action Items

    close action-203

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-203 Ping/coordinate with robin to find
    out how HTML and WHAT-WG are reconciling differences e.g. the
    ones related to translatability attributes.

    <r12a> [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    <fsasaki> mail about action-203 - see
    [15]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013M
    ay/0011.html . includes also action-218

      [15] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013May/0011.html

    close ACTION-218

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-218 Contact robin about stable
    identifier for the Ruby in HTML5 work so it can be referenced
    by ITS 2.0.

    <fsasaki>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/dom.html#the-translate-attribut
    e

      [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/dom.html#the-translate-attribute

    <fsasaki>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/text-level-sem
    antics.html#the-ruby-element

      [17] 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/text-level-semantics.html#the-ruby-element

    <fsasaki>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/text-level-semantics.html#the-r
    uby-element

      [18] 
http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/text-level-semantics.html#the-ruby-element

    <trackbot> ACTION-221 -- Richard Ishida to ping HTML about how
    to address comments on translate attribute in HTML5 CR -- due
    2013-05-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/221

      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/221

    close action-221

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-221 Ping HTML about how to address
    comments on translate attribute in HTML5 CR.

    close action-227

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-227 Set up KLReq in tracker and start
    shepherding comments.

Info Share

    felix: published its 2.0 2nd LC draft

    <r12a>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/blog/International/2013/05/21/internation
    alization-tag-set-its-2-0-second-last-call-working-draft/

      [20] 
http://www.w3.org/blog/International/2013/05/21/internationalization-tag-set-its-2-0-second-last-call-working-draft/

    felix: please comment

    <fsasaki>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-its20-20130521/#usage-in-html

      [21] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-its20-20130521/#usage-in-html

    felix: addressed comment about relation to html
    ... in above link

    <r12a> website refresh [22]http://www.w3.org/International/

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/

    richard: refreshed the website

    <r12a> [23]http://www.w3.org/International/resource-index
    ...: also worked on topic index

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/resource-index

    richard: looks less sad and works better

RADAR

    [24]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [24] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    [
    [25]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/json-ld/raw-file/default/spec/WD/jso
    n-ld-api/20130514/index.html ] JSON-LD 1.0: Algorithms and API.
    Review Ends: 4 June 2013 Shepherd: TBD // any interest?

      [25] 
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/json-ld/raw-file/default/spec/WD/json-ld-api/20130514/index.html

    addison: need to move QT down as they transitioned to CR

    richard: add KLReq here

KLReq

    richard: sent email to the authors, trackerized comments, no
    other action needed at present?

Charmod-Norm

    [26]http://inter-locale.com/w3c/charmod-norm-1.1-draft.html

      [26] http://inter-locale.com/w3c/charmod-norm-1.1-draft.html

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: move charmodnorm to w3c site
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-229 - Move charmodnorm to w3c site
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-05-30].

Bidi

    richard: aharon sent me proposal for changes to 5.1 spec
    ... for rendering section
    ... haven't gone through them yet in detail
    ... not sent anything for control chars section--we think that
    may be done already
    ... so in progress

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: move charmodnorm to w3c site [recorded
    in [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/05/23-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]



-- 
Richard Ishida, W3C
http://rishida.net/
Received on Thursday, 23 May 2013 18:51:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:41:02 UTC