Re: For review: The byte-order mark (BOM) in HTML

Asmus Freytag, Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:25:49 -0800:
> On 12/20/2012 3:53 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> How about being consistent about writing
>>
>> 	byte order mark
>>
>> and not
>>
>> 	byte-order mark
>>
>> since the former is the official form?
>
> And not to forget,  BYTE ORDER MARK, when indicating the formal identifier.

So then, let me rephrase my proposal: How about using the formal
identifier rather than 'byte-order mark'?

PS: I personally like the hyphened version. So this proposal is only
based on a wish to promote the official codification.
--
leif halvard silli