Re: For review: 1 new and 3 updated articles about language declarations in HTML

Asmus Freytag, Fri, 09 Sep 2011 07:09:30 -0700:
> On 9/9/2011 3:12 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Richard Ishida, Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:49:39 +0100:

>>> Question: For HTML, should we use language declarations in HTTP
>>> headers and meta elements, and how are they different from those in
>>> language attributes?
>> Definitely better. How about replacing 'use' with 'have'?
>>
>> AFTERTHOUGHT: or perhaps replace 'use' with 'have any' ?
>
> Keep the use.

If so, how about the following "use-age":

   """ should we use _the_ language declarations _of the_ HTTP
       headers and _the_ meta _element_, and how _is that_
       different from _using the_ language attributes? """

   Why: It is the HTTP headers/meta elements which eventually perform
the language declarations, hence it does not make sense to say "use
language declarations _in_ HTTP headers and meta elements".

Another alternative:

   """ should we _send_[*] language declarations _using_ HTTP headers
       and meta elements, and how _is that_ different from _using the_
       language attributes? """

   [*] May be "declare languages using" instead of "send language
       declarations". However, we often say that we send HTTP headers
       and "send" also implies that it is about the entire document,
       which is an important point in the article.
--
Leif H Silli