Re: Draft for review: Personal names around the world

On 2011/08/28 5:34, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> Sorry for the late response but several folks from the HTML5 Chinese IG
> gave the following comments about the article:

> == Kenny (me) ==

> * It is not 100% accurate to say that Chinese names are not separated by
> spaces. For example, [2] has several examples for Chinese and Japanese
> names:
> 呂 康豪
> 清水 昇
> 加藤 文彦
> I don't have a figure on how common this practice is. Perhaps the
> sentence could be modified into "Note also that the names are
> <ins>normally</ins>  not separated by spaces."
>
> [2] http://s-web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/conference2011/

I'd say this practice is very common in places where there's some space
anyway, such as listings and tables of names. On the other hand, in
running text, it's not used as far as I know. It can also happen on
business cards, although it's not necessary.

Regards,   Martin.