Re: Draft for review: Personal names around the world

(11/08/28 4:34), Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> * In America, people use
> 1. Kenny Kang-Hao Lu / Kang-Hao Kenny Lu (the last name is always the
> last, and in an official document this indicates "Kenny" as formal)
> 2. Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu (this emphasizes that "Kenny" is informal)
> (My comment: the example "Fred Yao Ming" in the document is probably
> inaccurate. It should be "Ming Fred Yao" or "Ming (Fred) Yao" although I
> am not sure about this.)

Correction: Ambrose told me that my comment isn't right since the person
could choose whatever he/she wants.

> * In general, I think mentioning generational name in the "Different
> order of parts" section is a bit complex and unnecessary.

I can live with it if the statement "Thus, if you are on familiar terms
with someone called 毛泽东, you would normally refer to them using 泽东
(Ze Dong), not just 东 (Dong). " is followed by "Therefore, for
practical reasons the database should store "Ze Dong" in the givenName
field in this example." So that newbies don't actually store "Dong" as
the given name and make the mistake mentioned.

Cheers,
Kenny