Re: Draft for review: Working with Time Zones

I agree: "ignore" is too simple a term. Also, it should be mentioned that
the approach that Java takes is probably the most common way of dealing with
them.

Leap-seconds are not ignored, in that the current time takes them into
account. But they are ignored in computing past or future time according to
the calendar. I've seen the term "floating TAI" to refer to this.

So the epoch time is also not really 1970-01-01T00:00:00; it is really an
abstract time which is offset by that by however many leap-seconds have
occurred between now and then.

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*