Re: Meta Data & Search Engines

Apart from putting in the meta descriptions I did also at the same
time change the header. I now see the new header in the search results
when I search with google for my IDNs page. So I assume that google
has crawled my page.

I was expecting/hoping/assuming that when I have my browser set to
english then I would see ""André Schappo's Internationalized Domain
Names (IDNs) Page" in the google search results listing

And that when I have my browser set to Chinese that I would see "小山
的国际化域名网页" in the google search results listing.

As per my meta descriptions:

Schappo's Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) Page" />
际化域名网页" />

My page does appear in the google search results listing but my meta
descriptions do not.

But I do not know what the expected behaviour of the Search Engines is
or if there is even an expected behaviour with respect to language
tagged meta descriptions.

André