RE: Armenian numbering: findings, recommendations and request to CSS WG

Hi Elika,

Many thanks for moving this forward.

I think you need to remove "U+0571 U+0302" from the beginning of the example of 2951.  (Very tiny nit: I'd put a comma after the digit 2, to make it easier to read.)

Btw, another nit, I find the styling of paragraphs a little odd.  Because most of the paragraphs I looked at just now were small single sentences, it took a while for me to realise that the indentation was just to indicate the start of a new paragraph, rather than having some other meaning.  I actually checked the code for clues, before it dawned on me.

Wrt " There are two letters for 10,000 and 20,000 (U+0555 and U+0556 respectively), but whether and how they should be used is unclear.", I think there are two options:

1. leave it out, since we now only specify numbering up to 9,999.

2. leave it in, as a note, but add information to say that numbers over 9,999 tend to be indicated using an (as yet undefined) combining character, but sometimes one of the two characters mentioned here are used for 10,000 and 20,000 respectively.  I could do some wording if you like.

In the latter case, I think the text should be moved to the section on lower-armenian, since that's where the algorithm is described.  I'm not aware that this applies only to upper-armenian.

Another v small nitty suggestion: " The suffix for the armenian numbering system is a dot . U+002E."  May be better to say, "... is U+002E   FULL STOP.", so that it's more immediately clear in the text what character we're dealing with.

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead