Re: XML Core -> I18n Core: IRIs as namespace names?

CE Whitehead wrote:

> It would be for if I saw that registering authorities had a
> security standard.

Hi, likely I miss one or more clues here.  But I think users,
user agents, tools, etc., have typically no business to look
"behind" namespace names.  They know and support it, or they
don't know it, game over.  For that job IRIs are no obstacle.

It's not the same situation as with system identifiers, where
tools are seriously in trouble when they'd get the style of
non-IRIs in XML 1 (3rd + 4th ed.) with U-labels in the host.

AFAIK nobody needs to look up a namespace (unless they are
curious, of course, but then they might have a choice to use
an UA supporting IRIs, or might find a Web form translating
the raw IRI into an equivalent URI.)

Just in case, a "real" URI with a DNS <host> name, not some
b%c3%bccher.example for the "real" xn--bcher-kva.example

 Frank