OT: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

Slightly veering off course...

It is interesting to me to note how certain conventions have become widely
understood over time by the general users in the UK and US.  For example, if
you say part of an address with more than one word in it, such as
richardishida or bbconlinetips, people tend to assume that there are no
spaces or dots or slashes inbetween - even if they sometimes check by saying
'all one word?' They also seem to assume that a uri is or works in lower
case, unless told otherwise.  It's also a relief that you usually no longer
need to explain the difference between slashes and hyphens, and everyone
knows what dot means.

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)