Re: IDNs, do they work? (some scripts are less equal than others).

Richard Ishida wrote:
> Hi Najib,
>
> Thanks for these.  You should take a look at the new test page and results I created today.
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/test-idn-display-2
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/results/results-rtl-idn-display
>
> Could you just check for me that the results are correct/complete for Safari?

Hi Richard,

For Safari

1. Basic test : OK

2. RTL and LTR characters mixed
  - 2.1, 2.2 There *is* a display (Unicode) in the status bar (onMouseOver).
    On the other hand, there is no display in the address bar, nothing
happens on click.
    (I don't know if this is the same for IE7, marked also "no display")

3. RTL characters mixed with numbers
  - 3.1 & 3.2 (Arabic/Hebrew script)
    Work fine: Unicode in status and address bar. (s/TBA/-/)
  - 3.3 & 3.4 (Arabic script with arabic-indic digits)
    Work fine also. (s/TBA/-/)

  - 3.5 - 3.8 (numbers at the end)
    Same behavior as 2.1 above. There *is* a display (Unicode) in the
status bar, but cannot click the link.

However, note the strange display by Safari in these latter cases 3.5 - 3.8
The text link in the main window is wrong, but the status bar is OK (see
pictures attached)