Re: Invalid relationship between bandwidth and spoken language

What Mark says is definitely true. Such an 'auto' value has been
proposed in the past so that scripts don't have to figure out
what text pieces they deal with when composing a page. But in
that case, that's not a really forceful justification.

Turning things around, one wonders if it wouldn't be easier to
just say that text fillin form fields just don't inhert bidi info
and always behave as bidi?

Also, what should happen in the case of neutral text (the obvious,
and frequent, case here being numeric input)?

An slightly different request that I seem to remember was that
there should be some mechanism to transmit bidirectionality
that a user selected for a form field back to the server.
The use case as I understand it would be to

Regards,     Martin.