Re:

On 1/5/2007 1:11 PM, John O'Conner wrote:

> iris garden wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to ask please about the Unicode (utf-8) distribution on the
>> Internet, i.e. any statistics that shows the percentage of websites
>> world-wide that uses Unicode compared to other types of encoding?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Iris
>
> I believe that Mark Davis (working with both the Unicode Consortium
> and Google) may have provided some of that information in his recent
> Unicode Conference session. You might want to find and look at that
> session's slide material.
I tried just now to make Mark aware of this question, but he's
apparently not reading mail this week. But John's suggestion is a good
one, that's where I would start looking.

In conversation he's told me that the percentage is definitely growing
and had reached an interestingly large figure for something as diverse
as the web. But it was late during the party celebrating the Unicode 5.0
book launch and I can't remember the actual number and won't try to
guess ;-)

A./