Re: For review: Tagging text with no language

Richard, getting back to the topic of XML, it sounds like we have three
cases, illustrated by the following example:

In the first foo construction, we are saying that it inherits the language
"en". The second and third construction are equivalent: we are overriding
the "en" setting, and saying that foo is undetermined with regard to
language. The difference between them is that:

   - the second construction can't be used in XHTML (or any other case
   where a DTD or schema requires a value).
   - the third construction can always be used, but shouldn't be used if
   the second can be.

Mark

--
Mark