Re: Preliminary Localization of XHTML into Chinese

Hi Brett,

At 18:23 5/03/2007, Brett Zamir wrote:

>Greetings all,
>
>I am not sure whether this may have been done before (I'd be
>surprised if it hadn't), but since I haven't heard of it, here it goes...

You were right: it has been done before, see for example the paper
"Localizing XML Documents through XSLT" by Yijun Yu, Jianguo Lu,
Jinghao Xue, Yi Zhang and Weiwei Sun (IASTED International
Conference, Innsbruck, Austria, February 2003), which you can find at
<http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~yijun/literature/paper/yu03ai.pdf> and at
<http://seba.ulyssis.org/thesis/papers/378-349.pdf>.

>I wrote a preliminary XML language using Chinese characters to
>represent the elements, attributes, and specified attribute values
>of XHTML--no DTD or XML Schema yet--to be transformed by a XSLT
>sheet that I devised (with translation help from my wife) into XHTML
>(or a modular variety thereof). It manages to work fine (with a few
>nuances depending on whether viewing in Explorer or Firefox), at
>least for the relatively small files I've tested it on.
>(...)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group