Re: New web app: Searching for language subtags

Richard,

The UI does seem much better, but I have a couple of minor enhancement
suggestions.

Certain of the terms from the registry, such as "Suppress-Script" may
not be well understood by many people.
Would it be possible to provide additional drop down content which
explains the terms for "ordinary people" rather than
internationalisation / localisation experts?

For scripts, e.g. Hant, would it be feasible to provide a link that
allows people to see what languages it is commonly used for.
This could be implemented by running a second search for languages that
use the the chosen script as a suppress script.

Richard Ishida wrote:
> I carved out some time to change the selection UI.  Hopefully that's
> now clearer.
>
> http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/subtags/index.php
>
> RI
---