Re: multi-lingual web addresses - how do I register?

At 05:47 06/11/23, Justin Thorp wrote:

>So I read on the article on multi-lingual web addresses, I found it very
>informative.
>http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/
>
>Maybe I missed it, but my only question is do I register the domain using
>the non-ASCII characters or do I register the punycode address?

If you register a name under something like .com, .jp, .de,
and so on, where you have to pay for the name, you'll do that
over a Web interface that will handle the conversion to punycode.
This means that you will only see the non-ASCII name
(maybe some of these Web interfaces also show the punycode
form for reference).

If you register the name yourself as a host or subdomain in
a domain that you (or your employer) own, the form you use
depends on the tool you use, but punycode should work in all cases.

Regards,    Martin.