Re: Updated article: Two-letter or three-letter language codes

On Friday, September 22, 2006, 7:02:43 PM, Richard wrote:

RI> Hi Chris,

RI> Not in that FAQ. (We try to keep these things very focused on answering just
RI> the question at hand.)

Fair enough.

RI> Also, ISO have pledged not to do such a thing for 50 years, I believe,

OK, good. I was unaware of that

RI> so
RI> although this is of  interest to spec writers such as ourselves, I haven't
RI> so far included it in any of these 'practically oriented' articles. ( I try
RI> to give people what they need, but not swamp them with unnecessary detail.)

I understood that deletions and reallocations had actually happened in the past (which has issues for document longevity, and thus affects content authors as well as spec writers).

But your mention of the '50 year' pledge makes me a lot more comfortable about leaving this out.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG