Re: New tests: RTL content and browser chrome

Hello Richard,

Some comments on the tests:

"browser chrome": Most people won't understand "chrome".
Please add a short explanation. See e.g.
http://www.mozilla.org/xpfe/ConfigChromeSpec.html.

"This is one of a set of pages": So what's the set.
-> Add a link to the set.

"This behaviour is not described by the HTML specification."
behaviour -> behavior
Be stronger here, add something like: ..., so there is no
correct answer. Users may disagree on what's best. This test
only serves to check what browsers actually do currently.

"Click me" -> "Test": Less device-dependent, and more clear
what the user has to do to actually start the test.

Actual tests (Alert box an User Prompt): It asks "does dir
on <html> affect...". When I click, I see two Hebrew words
and "W3C". How would I go about to answer the question that
the test is asking? I don't have anything to compare with.
Some people may read Hebrew, and may be able to guess, but
others may only read Arabic or none of these languages,
despite working on browsers and/or being bidi experts.
(on Opera (version 8.53), test results were the same
for all three test pages, and the scroll bar was always
on the right).

Scroll bar: With the large orange box at the end of this test,
I was somehow expecting a scroll bar to show up at the side
of that box. But window resizing didn't help. It would be
good to say that you are checking the windows scrollbar,
and the box is only there to make the page longer.
(the "Check whether" text should probably be outside that box).

Regards,    Martin.