Re: IDN problem.... :(

Pat,

Are you saying that VeriSign (or a group of people) is manually checking
each IDN registration? The spoofed paypal registration got through, so
does that mean you are then checking to see whether the registrant
subsequently tries to put up a fraudulent Web site or whatever?

Such a manual process seems prone to error.

Re: "a language table for all languages that we permit from a tag
standpoint", that sounds similar in effect to my proposal, where the
Unicode character set is first squeezed down to a smaller set via
BetterPrep and BestPrep. Then you wouldn't even need a character
inclusion table, since the prepping has already shrunk the set.

Erik