Re: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

A. Vine wrote:

> This article may help:
> http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/MultilingualJSP/

I missed this message when I wrote my previous reply. Thanks a lot for
the reference.

Paul Deuter wrote:

> Note: If you are using Tomcat 4.1.30 then you must use JSTL 1.0.  It is JSTL 1.0 that has the side-effect > of setting the content-type header.  This bug has been fixed in later versions of JSTL, but they require you > to use a later version of Tomcat too.

I'm not bound to use Tomcat 4.1.30, but Nutch is deployed in many
different places so that I think I have to emply a work-around mentioned
in the document above which is flushing the response buffer after
setting 'charset' explicitly but before any use of JSTL that may
implicitly reset charset.  Hopefully, custom-filters are not in action...

Jungshik