Re: JSP page directive contentType overriden by Apache tomcat?

Addison Phillips [wM] wrote:

>... and watch out for custom filters! They can cause the problems you're experiencing (by modifying the content type or setting the locale) and may not show up anywhere in your JSP or its references.

Thanks a lot, Addison and Paul, for your quick replies and answers.
Indeed, Nutch's JSP files
I patched are heavy users of  JSTL (apache i18n).  It seems like custom
filters are to blame in my case because I've just found that not only
Safari but also Konqueror on Linux doesn't have a problem while Mozilla,
MS IE
and a command line tool for grabbing remote web page (e.g. wget) get
'ISO-8859-1'. It's not clear to me  what kind of custom filter would put
Mozilla, IE and command-line web page retrievers into one group while
putting Konqueror and Safari into the other.... Moreover, I can't find
any trace of such a custom filter configured/installed/used ...

Jungshik