Re: faq suggestions

Hello Tex Texin, Francois Yergeau,

Many thanks for your prompt replies - the http://www.glreach.com/globstats/
is actually identical with the URL I quoted in my email ( URL
http://global-reach.biz/globstats/).  The other two studies are very
interesting if somewhat limited (ie old or only focussing on European
languages).  The biggest on-line populations after English are now based in
Asia etc.

If you have any other leads I'd be most grateful.  I've also run this
question past the people at Google, but no reply so far (:-)

I tried specific searches in Google, but I am not sure how relevant the
results are (# of pages):
AR   142,000
EN 9,200,000
ES 2,010,000
FR 2,540,000
PT 1,090,000
RU 1,800,000
ZH 1,480,000

if I allow any language, return is 364,000,000 to 469,000,000 pages - so
the EN figure is much too low - maybe the way languages are detected is
incomplete ...

(I used the languages we are mainly interested in, but Google can do more)

Best wishes, Bernd