RE: The fate of Hebrew texts with Hyphen-Minus instead of Maqaf

These existing texts are the result of a bug in Microsoft software.
Microsoft had asked the UTC to change the classification of Hyphen-Minus
according to their implementation, and the request was not accepted.

> > because there is often not enough information in the text
> to provide
> > for the right ordering,
>
> Real life implementations show that there is more than enough
> information to define a strict set of rules on how to deal with
> HebrewLetter+HyphenMinus+Number sequences, without facing any false
> positives.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, there are no cases in the Hebrew
> language where a negative number is preceded by Hebrew letter
> without another HyphenMinus/Maqaf in between ("-20ýä"). Since
> there's no ambiguity here, it should be very much possible to
> revise the algorithm so that it deals with such sequences.

So there should be no problem for a text processor to get it right and
produce the correct Unicode data stream.

> > or there are inconsistencies between different usage patterns,
>
> Which usage patterns exactly? I can't think of one that this revision
> will break.

I did not see any proposed revision, I only saw a description of the
problem.