RE: BDO example?

I have used it for imbedding legacy data from an IBM mainframe, which uses
visual encoding, in HTML. I suppose this is the most common use today,
because there is quite a lot of legacy Hebrew data out there.

The original example which I gave many years ago and helped convince Unicode
that an override was required was a reference number, or a part number,
which looks like a random groups of digits, Hebrew letters and Latin letters
with slashes between them, which are often used in correspondence. When we
still used typewrites, back in the previous century, people could type any
odd combination they fancied.

Jony